Saturday 7 September 2013

Inspiration for Spring/Summer

Have you seen any of the new season pieces from Country Road? They are one of my favourite go-to brands, something of theirs always catches my eye either through a gorgeous print or a modern take on a classic silhouette. Another one of my favourite shops is Seed Heritage, their design aesthetic seems to be evolving into something a little sporty but classic all at the same time.

I am using them as some inspiration to kick off my Spring/Summer sewing and I think Brisbane is going to have a long hot summer so there is no better time to start planning.




 
The tops from Country Road are fairly similar.It should be a fairly easy style to execute, I am thinking of a basic loose fitting tee pattern with wider sleeves.

The drape tops have me a bit stumped. I have the Drape Drape books (available at Tessuti)which I am going to use as a basis for drafting my own pattern. 

The pants are a challenge, I have sewn the one pair and they need some more fit adjusting before they become something that I could work off. There just might be something in the op-shop pattern stash, knew they would come in handy one day.


I'd love to see what you have planned for the upcoming season!

No comments:

Post a Comment